Tuesday, December 9, 2008

SPAM SPAM SPAM UGH

I have several email accounts, something you all didn't know, but now you kind of do. I mostly use Yahoo, except for my website, I have my own special email for that. Today I want to talk about SPAM. It's frustrating isn't it? I know some of you only get maybe 5 spam messages a month, a week, or a day. So tell me, how many spam messages do you get in a single day?

In one of my accounts on Yahoo, I wanted to see just how many, so 16 days ago I cleaned out my Yahoo SPAM folder, that was November 23 for those who can't count backwards ;) (or if your name is SARA you can't count at ALL, poor child LOL). Anyway, since clearing the SPAM folder, I received 1,842 SPAM messages! That's 115 SPAM emails PER DAY! That's pathetic. And the majority of them are dated for 2009-2038 or dates that haven't happened yet such as December 13th, 2008. It's only 12/9/2008! If this is the email of the future with so many spam emails, then I'd like to go into the future, slap the futuristic people with some REAL SPAM in hopes they'd knock it off. I mean seriously 115 emails per day! Imagine if that was your mail box. You'd have your regular mail and it'd take you forever to sort out junk mail from real mail and you'd be very ticked off.

So my question is, why can't email companies do something about this? Does anyone know how hard it is to check the SPAM folder before deleting everything? I have to just in case I have important messages that Yahoo Mail thinks is SPAM, but really isn't.

Feel free to leave comments, they're always welcome :D

No comments: